Happy Thanksgiving

by cheri

I love chard and while washing several stalks of rainbow chard, I was struck by the beauty of each frond. There, on my window sill with my little faeries, its color and texture reminded me of the beautiful world in which we live.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I appreciate your readership and your occasional comments as well.

Much love to you all!

Writer, photograph, artist, mother, grandmother and wife.
This entry was posted in My photography and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Happy Thanksgiving

1. Chris says:

Cheri,
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. What an idyllic scene you created for us – joyful.

I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten chard, unless it shows up in salad mixes. It certainly makes for a festive photo — I hope your holiday’s equally festive and enjoyable.

3. Lue Perrine says:

Beautiful! 🍁🧚‍♀️🍃
    Happy blessed Thanksgiving
    dear friend!

4. Carol Irene McCann says:

I also love chard and we have to cover it to keep the deer from slobbering all over it. Have a great Thanksgiving!!! Even though the world is in turmoil we have much to be thankful for.
    Carol

5. InesMangiola says:

Beautiful and Magical !Happy Thanksgiving!

In the UK, no specific day is set aside to celebrate “Harvest Festival”. Instead, churches provide an autumn service on a Sunday of their own choosing when sample crops are carried to the altar for the benefit of the poor. Schools hold a weekday morning assembly when produce is carried forward for the same purpose.

The first verse of the hymn, no doubt also sung in the US, is:

We plough the fields and scatter
    The good seed on the land
    But it is fed and watered
    By God’s almighty hand.

In this secular age of smart phones, self-praise and acquisitiveness, the tradition has virtually disappeared. Would it have been otherwise had we had a special date and a real celebration in our homes?

Instead, today, I send my love and good wishes to you all and give thanks for the comity of our nations.

And gather chard from the garden!

Indeed we share common values and common language. At this time of year, I am mindful of my dear friends who make my life worth living. You and Glenys are among those treasured people.

A belated but no less heartfelt Happy Thanksgiving, dearest Cheri.

Oh wk, what a kind comment. These days, I seem to always be behind but finally have made that approach OK as well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of yours.