Happy Birthday to me

by cheri

Today is my birthday. I am very grateful to have reached older age in pretty good shape and with an optimistic demeanor.

In honor of my birthday, I am posting several of my favorite photos.

IMG_2640

Here at the Rancho courtesy of Hurricane Rosa

IMG_2155

The calm before the storm

IMG_2370 2

The Golden State of Mind

IMG_2279

The Joy of Puppyhood

IMG_2405

For my dear friend Susie. Our time at Oak Creek last month was peaceful and glorious. May the bridge over the creek remind you that your current journey has another side–a return to perfect health. God Speed, Susie!

This entry was posted in dogs, Life, My photography, People, Places and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Happy Birthday to me

1. imagenmots says:

Happy birthday young one. At 87, I can say that.

Paul!! How marvelous to hear from you again. I am so happy to learn that you are still OK and have reached the young age of 87. I’d love to know how you and Therese are doing.

2. Happy happy birthday dear Cheri!

Well, AK, you and I have seen a lot of birthdays together. I think you have known me for most of my life. I count you as one of my biggest blessings. I love you.

3. Chris says:

Happy birthday dear friend

Chris! Thank you for that wonderful birthday card. I am looking so forward to our dinner at the end of the month. Pick a place in Livermore and we will come your way.

4. Bruce says:

Happy birthday Cheri

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce…I hope you are doing well. It’s always great to hear from you. You haven’t sent me anything to read lately. Am I off your mailing list?

6. Lue Perrine says:

Happy Birthday beautiful Cheri! I hope you have a super blessed day! I love your photos & love you! 😉

7. Carol McCann says:

Happy Birthday, Cheri! May you have many more.

Thank you Carol. You would be proud of my daughter, Sara. Today, when I visited her classroom at Amador, she gave a picky quiz before her honors class discussed Of Mice and Men. I told her, ” That is exactly what Carol McCann taught me to do.”

I love that you shared some of your favorites with us. It’s entire apropos, because you’re one of our favorites! Happy birthday to one of my favorite online friends — I hope the coming year is filled with good things for you!

What a dear and kind comment, Linda. I know you are having a birthday next week. We fellow Libras simply must stick together. I can’t believe I actually posted that today was my birthday. It just felt fun to do. When the electrician crew showed up at 7 am to our house (we are just beginning a major remodel, as indicated in a previous blog post), I told them it was my birthday. They sang happy birthday to me. Then I told every single person I came in contact with today. Good God. Talk about immature.

You have the gift of eternal youth, doubtless the result of your unfailing kindness, consideration and courtesy you show to others both here to all your readers and beyond.

Yesterday rightly belonged to you and you have marked it with some fabulous pictures.

May I add my own congratulations and those of Glenys.

11. ShimonZ says:

My favorite is ‘Golden State of Mind’, a beautiful picture. It is a great pleasure to share your happiness with life, and join in celebration of your birthday. Here it is already the 10th, and I don’t know if this will get to you in time. But in any case, my best wishes for a very good year, for you and your loved ones. May it be a year of continued growth and learning, with the same grace and common sense that always makes it a pleasure to visit with you.

It’s been a while since I’ve heard or read the words “to me” in this order. The reverse seems much more common these days.