The Emerald Rancho

p1070146by  cheri

The rain pounds the East Bay hills and continues its drumbeat to this very moment.

The drought is over.

Moss tells me this is so.

p1070148

This rock wall has been on our property for over 60 years. I have never seen a moss fest as lush!

p1070164

On my way back to my fire, this branch insisted that I stop and photograph its latest green tattoo.

So much for global warming!

This entry was posted in Nature photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Emerald Rancho

1. Sharon says:

From he inconvenience, comes beauty!

Amen, Southern Sister!

The keenness of your observation reveals the hidden beauty of moss and its message of hope.

There are no rolling stones in your rock wall – and it allows you to pass. Does every obstacle, every problem, however long-standing, have a simple escape?

I wish that were true. Maybe it is. Most obstacles seem more complicated to me. Just to extricate yourself from doing business with a corporation, to get people you have hired to actually do the job, to communicate a fact to someone who will not hear…all seem tantamount to building the pyramids. And yet, perhaps you are right–that the solutions to most of these issues are simpler than we make them.

That’s one sturdy tree you have in that last photo, and a wonderful rock wall. If someone had shown me the photos and asked where they were taken, I might have said Ireland, or Seattle, or some such. My favorite is that first photo, though. I like the contrast between the rich green in the foreground, and the somewhat grayer tones behind. Very, very nice.

Thank you Linda. The most amazing aspect of these photos is that they are not enhanced. Those greens prove the California drought is over.