A Proton

DSC08164

Joan left the earth’s atmosphere the other night after lingering for several weeks in and about her children’s homes.

Now a spot of energy in the Grand Scheme of Things, Joan is on her way.

I did not expect to be privy to the experience that took place on Thursday night last.

I had just taken a break from a long day of correcting papers and had stepped out onto our patio. My awareness heightened by the deepening darkness overtaking the Western sky, I looked toward the flickering city lights around the San Francisco Bay, and there in our meadow among the English walnut trees, moving at a tremendous speed without regard for limb or earthly life, was Joan in her new iteration.

A proton supreme, she arced and dove through my vision like Tinkerbell on her way to Never Neverland.

Not one to miss an opportunity to speculate about the Life Beyond, I telepathically caught her just before she left.

Where are you going, Joan? I whispered into the night.

Her hearing restored, she murmured, I’m drawn without resistance to the Supernova, Cheri. The one where exist other sources of inspirational energy. I’m hoping to locate Hugh and my father, Jimmie.

Oh. I communicated silently to her. I’m sure you will meet Eleanor Roosevelt there.

Perhaps, she twinkled back.

And then, before I could offer salutations, she was gone.

This entry was posted in Life, People and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A Proton

1. lindamomof4 says:

Ahhhhh a tear in my eye. I am sure she found them. A hug for you. And many more.

Sent from my iPhone

2. Brighid says:

She twinkles on… does she like Eleanor… always thought I would.

I am the one who so admires Eleanor. Having followed your blog for a long time, I would think you would like Eleanor’s strength. You are strong like her.

3. ines says:

I am glad you posted that picture. It was always the one in my mind’s eye that epitomized her indomitable spirit!!!

To think she had no balance when that picture was taken. That (and the one with her and her trainer) is one of my favorites. Thanks for your comment, Ines.

“……..Not one to miss an opportunity to speculate about the Life Beyond, I telepathically caught her just before she left……….”

Whether or not there’s a Life Beyond is of course a function of belief. So that whenever a Man Of Science asserts that we’re nothing but an accidental collocation of atoms, or that we’re no more than lumbering robots, his assertion is, too, a function of his belief, no matter how assiduously he cloaks it scientific objectivity.

For what it’s worth, I do believe we go to an Eternal Reward in the form of a Hereafter of some kind. Hence I believe your mother is still around somewhere, and that your experience of her in her new iteration reflected this.

I say what I say, not out of any religion (I’m not religious) but from what I’ve learned from my own experiences; from the experiences of others; from my readings in the science of sub-atomic matter; and from various other sources.

Now, today, for the curious, there’s Google (or Bing) – your own private research library – into which you can – any time you wish – enter the likes of “Is Consciousness Stored in the Brain”, “Are Our Memories Stored in Our Brains”, “WT Stead The Blue Island” – things like that – and see what comes up.

There are more things in Heaven and earth……….

It is always wonderful when you leave one of your thoughtful comments. And, as much as I hate to agree with the power of Google, what would we do without it? or Wikipedia?
      As wk kortas’ comment below reminds me–our energy has to go somewhere. I’m with Einstein.

5. Taking her place in the firmament: a star called “Joan”.

If words are real, and true words are, your poetry assures us that our departed loved ones are there, in the heavens, to guide us through uncertain waters, as ever they did. We have only to look and see.

To kind-of sort-of paraphrase what Masters wrote about Whitman, may she glimmer in the heavens and roar in the pines until the end of all days.

You know, I have never read Masters’ biography of Whitman. I love Masters.
      In fact,I am thinking of returning to Spoon River as I have thought about doing a similar project.

“Glimmer in the heavens and roar in the pines…” how lovely in every way.