Vantage Point

IMG_1475

I read this quotation this morning in a little book of Eastern wisdom.

The point, obviously, is that our current frustrations when compared to death are really chickenfeed.

But we humans trudge on, rarely with good posture, toward the next something.

In that spirit, I am going downstairs and fixing myself oatmeal.

12 Responses to Vantage Point

1. Linda says:

What’s going on? Oatmeal is always good – I have mine every morning. But maybe a face to face conversation about current frustrations is in order? I am confined to the house today (new backsplash being installed) so call if you need or want.

Good Morning. Please note the three different points of view in the post. Second person in the quotation. First person plural in the commentary and lastly, first person singular in the conclusion. Hmmmmmm. What could those hints mean?

3. cpartner@comcast.net says:

Cindy Block Usedom Cindy and Partners Cell: 510-501-4140 Office: 925-426-3760 http://www.cindyandpartners.com

Is this another of your whodunnits? Do we have to figure out who put the arsenic in the porridge?

“….What would your current frustrations look like from the vantage point of the final days of your life?……”

Ça dépend.

6. imagenmots says:

Making porridge in the shade of olive trees? Who cares about one’s last days and ulterior frustrations?

7. those final days are approaching faster, and I still don’t have any frustrations I really care about!

Hi Aunt Kayti,
    Thank you for commenting as you did ( although I hope not approaching too fast because we have a lunch date next Friday for your birthday). Your comment is what this blog post was supposed to communicate. Perhaps I wasn’t clear.

9. Kurt says:

“And it reminds me too much of how little life changes: how, without dramatic events or high resolves, without tragedy, without even pathos, a reasonably endowed, reasonably well-intentioned man can walk through the world’s great kitchen from end to end and arrive at the back door hungry.”
    (Joe Allston in Wallace Stegner’s The Spectator Bird)

Oh my dearest Kurt. Thank you!