More photos from White Sands National Monument in the fall

Fall leaves in the high desert. Lincoln Forest in the backround.

Hard to believe this scene is not from the North Pole

Mother and Child

That’s all for now.

This entry was posted in My photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to More photos from White Sands National Monument in the fall

1. Kayti Rasmussen says:

The photos are grand. I especially like the Mother and Child.

2. Philippe says:

These wonderful photos make me rue that I haven’t been to New Mexico in so long.

You said in a comment in your previous post:

“….The whole place was so quiet. No people. That was the best part…..”

This would explain why:

“…….In the desert, you can remember your name,
    ‘Cause there ain’t no one for to give you no pain……”

3. That white sand does look like our snowbanks and snow drifts. They will soon be back even if less intense over the last few years. Climate change I figure.

That’s what struck me, Paul. It looks just like snow, even the snow-covered roads.
      Not sure climate change has had any impact on these dunes which are forever changing. There are some terrific books out with gorgeous photographs of this place.

4. Fantastic pictures–somehow you’ve made it look simultaneously desolate and inviting!

Completely inviting in every way. Only wish we could have taken the sunset walk. Too much to see, too little time.

6. Brighid says:

So glad you took such terrific pictures. I was there last year and it really is a interesting place. Really wanted to see the Lincoln forest as I heard so much about it as well, no time, darn.

Oh, pictures of a black Scottish Terrier on the white sand would be a photographer’s dream.

We’re home, but the image of the haunting Organ Mountains still imprinted in my mind (and heart).

7. Pingback: Spontaneity. « The Critical Line

I know in my heart that it’s sand, but it looks too much like snow. It makes me vaguely uncomfortable, like I should be looking for my shovel.

Hi!
    So sorry I haven’t been over to read your poetry in a week.
    I imagine you might be looking for that shovel…once you’ve grown up in snow or live in snow country, the urge to plow must be strong.

I’ve never known this, so I believe those pictures are of fine white sand, cool to the feet.

10. zeusiswatching says:

I love the mountains in the background. I currently live in a very flat place, but I love mountains.

So when are they gonna release the New & Improved Mexico?

Did you know there have been more people gunned down or murdered in Juarez Mexico than in Afghanistan this year?

Since I went to El Paso by myself, Judge Blah warned me not to miss the turn and end up in Juarez. I said, “Thank-you”