Nature-Nurture

Ringing our doorbell

Sacred Labrador in Cheri's window

All consuming, this task

This entry was posted in Life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Nature-Nurture

1. Great title to match the pics! I’ve never seen a praying mantis that color before. Is it an albino? Down here we have praying mantises but they are only about and inch or two long and have big fat bodies.

2. Cheri,

Is that Beauty our old Lab? And, are you ready for this? When Beauty was 6 months old she ran away during an ice storm. My mother was babysitting for a few days. The children were hysterical crying for 2 hours walking around outside thinking they would never see their dog again.

Then, all of a sudden, the back doorbell rang. (She was that kind of girl.) Wind blowing, snow and sleet coming down, Mom opened the door and there was Beauty in all of her ice covered glory. The Prodigal Daughter returned.

Just like you and me, Beauty and Dinah share a kindred spirit.

I moved my mother into her assisted living place today. ( We’re not done yet with the work). I am thinking of taking Dinah down there to say Hi to all the residents.

3. I’ve seen such big praying mantises only at Montreal’s Insectarium and Biodome.
    The Sacred Lab. resembles a canine Yoda.

Yes, dear Paul.

That’s what I thought exactly when I bought that sculpture.

5. Dinah will make everyone laugh and feel loved! It’s a wonderful idea and I’ll bet your mother will love the thoughtfulness of the gesture, too.

I know exactly what that Lab is contemplating…”Do I poop on the rug, or do I rummage through the trash can?”

😉

Oh yes. In our case, here on the Rancho, our lab is contemplating where to get the next bite of food or which stuffed toy to drag through the creek.

Congratulations. At 14 words and three pictures, this is by far the laziest blog entry I’ve ever seen.

9. dafna says:

bizarre synchronicity. nature-nurture has been in my mind for days.

something in the blogs must have triggered it.

looking forward to meeting with you on sense and persuasion 2.0